Thursday 18 July 2013

A Visit To The Three Broomsticks

Note: I've stolen this post from my other blog as I am about to shut it down and don't want to loose this recipe...

As we approach the middle of Winter here in Australia and the weather gets colder and colder it's nice to find a simple and yummy way to warm our cockles. Practically anyone who hasn't been living under a rock for the past 10 years knows about Harry Potter. One of my favourite parts of the books and movies was always the amazing food that the students of Hogwarts got to eat every day (way better than the food at my school canteen). The beverage that I always always wanted to try was butterbeer from The Three Broomsticks. In my head butterbeer was always a warm butterscotch flavoured drink, so the following is only my interpretation of what it should taste like.


Owl Post mug optional


Butterbeer, Serves 1

  • 1 cup milk (or however much your mug will hold)
  • 1 tablespoon powdered milk (to make it frothy)
  • 6 butterscotch lollies such as Werther's Originals, crushed
  • 1 teaspoon sugar (if you are a super sweet tooth like me)
  • 1 dash vanilla essence
Combine milk and powdered milk together in a saucepan. Heat the mixture until it is warm. Add crushed lollies, sugar and vanilla. Stir until melted together. Serve in your favourite mug and settle down with either a Harry Potter book or movie.

I find this recipe takes about 10 minutes to do as you don't want to cook the milk too quickly and burn it.

Of course this is just one of many recipes floating around on the web. If you have any other butterbeer recommendations please let me know in the comments, or let me know if you tried my version.

x Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment